Happy Saturday, Everyone! If you didn't already know it's Free Comic Book Day! On the first Saturday in the month of May select comic book stores and some libraries give away comic books. These comic books have been created for this one special day every year. Some of them even become sought after by collector's since they are only given out on that one day and new ones are created each year for the event. This comic book day craze has been going on now for about 10 years. I was made aware of this last year-a week after the event was over. Just my kinda luck, but this year I made sure to attend. I even went as far as telling my students about it. An event like this that can encourage students to read is a good thing if you ask me! So, I took my hubby and the 19 month old to a new comic bookstore nearby and had the best time. They had contests and activities for the kids. Oh, did I mention that I even saw a few of my students at the store grabbing a few free comics? I was proud to see that (1) they were listening to me and (2) that they were taking advantage of another opportunity to read. I wish my 3 older kids were with me today to enjoy the festivities, but they are spending the weekend with the grandparents. I know they are enjoying themselves though. I really had a nice time today! It's a great event that I hope will carry on and I'm really looking forward to going next year with the whole family! Who knows...maybe we will even dress up for it! Hmm.. any suggestions???
Have a GREAT day & Talk with you soon!
Amykins }:o)
No comments:
Post a Comment